Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh Fud.

Yesterday was a very nice day.  I got to drive my car with the top down, go to a barbecue, have a yummy burger at Fudruckers, and go see my former football team (sort of  - they've been bought and renamed) give a solid beat down to their biggest rival.

Let me tell you about my trip to Fudruckers.  I love Fudruckers but I don't live near one so my love is generally unrequited.  Obviously I was pretty excited when I pulled into their parking lot yesterday.  I get a little scared, though, when I saw that all the blinds were pulled down.  It looked pretty dead.    Crap, what if the damned place went tets up in the years since I was last there?  I parked the car and walked toward the building hoping fervently that I wasn't going to be disappointed.  As I approached I saw that the windows were indeed covered completely with white opaque window shades.  Ugh.  I also realized that my fly was down so as I was checking out the windows I zipped myself back up.  The entrance was around the corner and when we got there I was elated to see that the door opened into a fully functioning Fudruckers.  I was puzzled as to why they were depriving their customers of a view of the bee-yoo-tee-full day outside so I skipped the order counter and went to check out the dark tomb of a seating area.  Those blinds?  Turns out they were some sort of magical one-way blinds that are opaque from one side and totally see through from the other.  Awesome.  Just awesome.

So to recap, I had an awesome day with a brief interlude of zipping up my pants while standing in the middle of a big window of a surprisingly busy restaurant.  Not that this stopped me from going inside and eating at said restaurant.  I mean, hey, it's Fudruckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment