Monday, May 17, 2010

Kuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

So you know the voices in your head?  I'm not talking crazy voices that tell you to to shave one eyebrow or that the government is trying to steal your thoughts.  I just mean the ones where you have imagined conversations in your head with people.  Maybe you don't have them but I think you do.

Anyway.

Most of the time I don't think about these voices because they're just expressions of my own thoughts ("Holy crap, it's hot out here." or "Please don't be a telemarketer." or "Where the hell did I park my car?"). 

Every once in a while, though, they surprise me.  A couple of weeks ago I was driving in my car listening to the radio when a new song started.  I think it was Van Halen's "Jump".  If it wasn't it was certainly in an equivalence class with "Jump".  As it started I head the following very clearly in my head:

"Oh, hell yeah!"

What the heck?  I mean, I appreciate this song as much as the next person but I am pretty sure that reaction was not mine.

Should I be worried?

No comments:

Post a Comment