Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Running Update

So I posted on February 28th that I was planning on running a half marathon.  I resisted saying anything prior to that because I didn't to jinx myself.  The universe has quiiiite a sense of humor, it seems.  The very next time I ran after going public with my plans I noticed a little tightness in one ankle.  I didn't think much of it but I did cut the run short at 3 miles.  After a few days of increasing discomfort, I decided to see a medical professional.  I was really rooting for a nice prescription, maybe some therapeutic massage.  I could totally get better if I had some therapeutic massage and pills that make me feel like I'm floating, I;m sure of it.  What I got instead was a diagnosis of a fibular stress fracture, a clumpy aircast boot, and no massage.

So.  This is my new announcement:  I do not want to be saddled with an iPad2.  They look hella stupid and not fun at all.  Also, m&m's are yucky and I hope I don't have any soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment